WATCH: Nick Saban isn’t trying to be a ‘wise-ass,’ just doesn’t know how to answer a certain question

Alabama football-Nick Saban-Henry Ruggs-Crimson Tide football-wise ass

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama coach Nick Saban wanted to blow up during his Wednesday news conference, but the moment never presented itself.

All of the signs were there. The tapping of the podium. Slightly raising his voice. However, the right question never came.

Instead, Saban had a little fun with a question about freshman wide receiver Henry Ruggs III.

Saban was asked what allows Ruggs to be a threat near the endzone. Ruggs has caught four passes this season, and all four have gone for touchdowns.

After pausing and looking over at his media relations rep, Saban proceeded to give the best answer he could.

“I don’t know. What does anybody do? He gets open, and then he catches the ball,” Saban said. “And we call plays that give him a chance to get open so that gives him a chance to catch the ball and it gives the quarterback a chance to throw it to him. I don’t know exactly how I should answer that question. We wouldn’t play the guy if he wasn’t talented and able to get open. We have confidence in him like we do Jerry Jeudy, like we do Smitty (Devonta Smith), like we do all the freshman guys. If there was another guy in his place, they’d have probably caught the ball on the same play too. I’m not trying to be a wiseass, I just don’t know how to answer the question. A guy runs a pass patter, he gets open and we throw him the ball. I think that’s he’s supposed to do, that’s what the quarterback is supposed to do. That’s what we’re supposed to design. The more athletic and faster they are, the harder they are to cover and those are the kind of guys we want around here. I don’t know what else to say.”

Watch Saban’s full interview below. Alabama hosts Tennessee on Saturday inside Bryant-Denny Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on CBS.

The post WATCH: Nick Saban isn’t trying to be a ‘wise-ass,’ just doesn’t know how to answer a certain question appeared first on SEC Country.

WATCH: Nick Saban isn’t trying to be a ‘wise-ass,’ just doesn’t know how to answer a certain question WATCH: Nick Saban isn’t trying to be a ‘wise-ass,’ just doesn’t know how to answer a certain question Reviewed by Unknown on October 19, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments