LSU coach Ed Orgeron opens up about tough start: ‘I know the people in Louisiana are hurting’

lsu-lsu football-troy-troy trojans football-espn college gameday

Ed Orgeron recognizes LSU fans’ pain.

The Tigers coach spoke to Rece Davis, the host of ESPN’s College GameDay, about LSU’s 3-2 start. As part of the conversation, Orgeron said he knows many fans are frustrated with the Tigers’ direction, especially after a 24-21 loss to Troy last Saturday at Tiger Stadium.

Orgeron opened up in a revealing way with Davis about the challenges faced by LSU so far during the coach’s first full season as the leader in Baton Rouge.

“I know the people in Louisiana are hurting,” Orgeron told Davis. “This is not the type of LSU football that they want. I’m from Louisiana. I feel for them. I understand, but we will get this thing better.”

Davis asked Orgeron about how the coach would feel if he were an LSU fan. Orgeron said he would ask himself, “What’s going on?”

“Expectations are high,” Orgeron continued during the talk with Davis. “But those expectations are from myself, too. But as a fan, I understand the hurt.”

It will be fascinating to see if LSU can rebound soon. The Tigers have a tough matchup against Florida on Saturday in Gainesville. Then next week, Auburn visits Baton Rouge before the Tigers receive a breather against Ole Miss on Oct. 21.

Likely, Orgeron must weather this storm for a while.

The post LSU coach Ed Orgeron opens up about tough start: ‘I know the people in Louisiana are hurting’ appeared first on SEC Country.

LSU coach Ed Orgeron opens up about tough start: ‘I know the people in Louisiana are hurting’ LSU coach Ed Orgeron opens up about tough start: ‘I know the people in Louisiana are hurting’ Reviewed by Unknown on October 07, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments